Maryam Mohammadzadeh Darrodi
- 2012 - Present PostDoc, School of Computer Science, University of East Anglia, Norwich (Started September 2012).
- Related subjects: Rank based spectral sensitivity estimation, Camera calibration, Hyperspectral imaging, Implementation of mathematical algorithms, Color correction, Gradient removal, Spectral sensitivity estimation algorithms, quadratic programming, Alternating least squares.
- 2009- 2013 PhD in Modeling Colour Semiotics for the Design Process, School of Design, University of Leeds
- Related subjects: Fundamentals of colour science and human vision, Colourimetry, Colour appearance models, Colour difference models, Computational methods of colour science, Psychophysical experiments, Scaling methods, Colour semiotics, Product design development, Design procedures, Semiotics.
- 2004 – 2008 B.Sc in Statistics Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
- Subjects studied: Statistics and probability, General Mathematics, Statistical Methods, Linear Algebra, Mathematical Statistics and analysis, Regression, Nonparametric Methods, Experiment plan, specialized Language for Statistics, Sampling methods, Time series, Advanced Statistical Methods Fundamentals of Computer and programming, Mathematics, Probability & It’s Application.
- 2000 - 2004 Diploma in Physics and Mathematics, Reihaneh pre-university & high School, Tehran, Iran
- Subjects studied: Mathematics, Statistics and modeling, Algebra and Probabilities, fundamentals of Computer & Informatics, differential & Integral Arith, Discrete Mathematics, Physics, Analytical Geometry & Linear Algebra.
- 1998 Blenheim Primary School, Leeds, UK
- Specialization: My B.Sc. project was supervised by Professor M. Ganjali with title: “Finding the relation between emotional feelings and color using statistical modeling”.
- Senior Research Assistant, Rank Based Spectral Estimation, School of Computer Science, University of East Anglia, Norwich (Started September 2012).
- UEA Lab: I worked closely with professor Graham Finlayson on the Rank based Spectral sensitivity estimation project in terms of computational algorithms and Maths.
- UCL institute of Ophthalmology: I worked closely with Professor Andrew Stockman in designing Psychophysical experiment related to the project.
- Lab Measurements at Newcastle University: I carried out hyperspectral measurements that along with camera measurements under control lighting conditions. As a result camera spectral sensitivities were estimated and spectral reflectance of some samples were measured.
- Measurements and experiments at the National Physical Laboratory of London: I worked closely with Teresa Goodman at the calibration lab where I used Monochromators in controlled conditions for camera calibration.
- Researcher, Unilever, United Kingdom (2009-2011)
- In collaboration with Stephen Westland, I have been working on projects with Unilever Company which involves performing a series of Psychophysical tests on teeth whitening agent threshold detection.
- Demonstrator, University of Leeds (September – November 2009, 2010 and 2011)
- I demonstrated the Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design tutorials for undergraduate design students in the school of Design computer clusters.
- Project Manager for the Master student’s group dissertation
- I was asked to manage three international Design Master Students in their group dissertation project in the school of Design.
- Statistical Analyst, Jahad Daneshgahi Research Institute, Tehran University (June - August 2009)
- As a junior analyst in the Tehran University Research Institute, I worked on Statistical data that were gathered on various demands. I analyzed the data using professional statistical software (SPSS and SPLUS) and provided full reports containing descriptive charts and tables.
- A Reference Data Set For Camera Spectral Sensitivity Estimation. Maryam Mohammadzadeh Darrodi, Graham Finlayson, Teresa Goodman, Michal Mackiewicz. Journal of the Optical Society of America. (2015), Vol. 32, Issue 3, p 381-391 (Link)
- A Ground Truth Data Set for Nikon Camera’s Spectral Sensitivity Estimation, Maryam Mohammadzadeh Darrodi, Graham Finlayson, Teresa Goodman, Michal Mackiewicz. Proceedings of the 22nd Color and Imaging Conference, Boston, MA, USA. (2014), p 85-90 (Link).
- The Alternating Least Squares Technique for Non-uniform Intensity Color Correction, Graham Finlayson, Maryam Mohammadzadeh Darrodi, Michal Mackiewicz. Color Research and Application (2014) (Link).
- The significance testing of a skewed color-Imaging Data Set, Mohsen Mohammadzadeh, Maryam Mohammadzadeh and Stephen Westland, Nineteenth CIC conference Proceedings (2011), p 43-47 (Link).
- A Categorical Model of Colour Emotion for Product Design, Maryam Mohammadzadeh and Stephen Westland, Proceedings of the Create Conference (2010), p 62-66 (Link).